Question: Novice Attempt in Graph Theory

I do not know! I am a novice in maple as well as in graph theory. I attach a doc in which i attempted to learn what is network. It seems alright with maple as it gives as what it understands as horizontal and vertical network. I do not expect a horizontal line as horizontal network and vertical line as vertical network, in which case a horizontal line with nodes 1 and 2 will be vertical network if  draw it vertically. The maple, in my opinion ( i am not a maple man) gives the answer in a vertical pattern, rightly so for clarity and space constraint.

I am sorry if i am confusing.  The document in my attempt to know more may give you also more insight. Thanks.

> 

with(GraphTheory):

> 

with(RandomGraphs):

> 

N := GraphTheory:-RandomGraphs:-RandomNetwork(4, 0):

> 

IsNetwork(N):

> 

DrawNetwork(N, vertical)

 
> 

with(GraphTheory):

> 

with(RandomGraphs):

> 

O1 := GraphTheory:-RandomGraphs:-RandomNetwork(4, 1):

> 

GraphTheory:-IsNetwork(O1):

> 

GraphTheory:-DrawNetwork(O1, vertical)

 

``

> 

with(GraphTheory):

> 

with(RandomGraphs):

> 

P := GraphTheory:-RandomGraphs:-RandomNetwork(4, 0):

> 

GraphTheory:-IsNetwork(P):

> 

GraphTheory:-DrawNetwork(P, horizontal)

 
> 

with(GraphTheory):

> 

with(RandomGraphs):

> 

Q := GraphTheory:-RandomGraphs:-RandomNetwork(4, 1):

> 

GraphTheory:-IsNetwork(Q):

> 

GraphTheory:-DrawNetwork(Q, horizontal)

 

``

 

Download MyAttempt.mwMyAttempt.mw

Please Wait...